Published Thu 24 Sep 2020
Dear Fellow Members,
It is with some sadness that I have to contact you with another one of these Coronavirus updates; I think we all hoped the country was moving slowly back to some form of normality and we were excitedly planning goodbye events for the old clubhouse, and welcome events for the new one, which we hope to move into during the autumn.
May I ask that you read, digest and action where applicable the following guidance if you are using the clubhouse and bar/restaurant for the foreseeable future:
Clubhouse Boatyard and Office:
- The Clubhouse and Boatyard will remain open to the same extent that they are currently.
- The showers will remain closed.
- The toilets will be available as normal and we will enhance the sanitisation of these.
- SYC Office staff will revert back to operating in closed cells (bubbles) to ensure the continuity of service to you.
- The Office will remain open each weekday 09:00-14:00.
Bar and Restaurant:
- The bar will remain open to Members on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, times as current.
- It will be table service only.
- Members must wear a facemask in the bar and restaurant until they are seated.
- Tables must be for a maximum of six people.
- Tables must not ‘mix’.
- Please do not come to the Bar for service.
- The Bar must close with the building vacated and locked up by 22:00 so last-orders will be at 21:30.
- Would all regular users of the bar please download the NHS Covid 19 app to your phone BEFORE coming to the club.
- There will be a number of QR codes displayed as you arrive on the first floorfor you to scan using the app on your phone.
- Please use the app to scan one of these before moving to a table.
- If you do not have a smartphone, you will be asked to instead complete the registration form to aid contact, track and trace.
Saturday 26 September:
- please note that on the afternoon of Saturday 26 September there is a private SYC Member’s wedding reception.
- Reception guests will be located in the restaurant and will have the exclusive use of the balcony throughout their reception.
- The sliding doors will maintain their event separately from other bar users.
- There will be a limited menu available to bar users on this day.
- There will also be a limited number of tables available and Natalie hopes to be able to accommodate around 6 tables each able to have groups of maximum six persons.
Please do not put SYC in jeopardy of breaching the new regulations that were announced this week. Regardless of what your private opinion is, SYC must adhere to the regulations completely and it is unfair for any Member to put Club staff in a difficult position by disregarding the regulations and curfews put in place by the Government.
I thank you for your kind co-operation.
29 June 2020