Sat 17 Sep - Sun 18 Sep 2016 *
* Note change in date from that published in the Sailing Handbook which have been altered to take advantage of more favourable tides.
The Littlehampton Race and Rally is usually a sell-out weekend away and we have every confidence that our hosts Arun Yacht Club will lay on a great supper on the Saturday evening along with the traditional ferry boats across the river - who is going to fall in this year we wonder? Anyone Ben the Bosun?
The race to Littlehampton on the Saturday will also be eligible as the SYC entry for Bart's Bash. Arun Yacht Club will be hosting us on the Saturday evening with an appetising three course menu (£15 per person payable to AYC on the night).
Saturday Night Menu at AYC
- Starter - Cauliflower & mature cheddar cheese soup with a gruyere croute.
- Main Course - Slow braised beef, pancetta & mushroom pie with mashed potato & seasonal vegetables.
- Dessert - Sticky toffee pudding with a rich toffee sauce & vanilla ice-cream.
The rally can be entered on-line by visiting the SYC shop on the website. Rob Reeves, our Rally Secretary will be in touch with entrants closer to the event to confirm numbers but please indicate when you register online how many of your crew will be dining.
Traditionally the evening event calls for 'Cowes Rig' attire.
Sunday sees the iconic Crew's Race back to Shoreham. The course and gate boat will be announced on the pontoon on the morning of the race after a lie-in and leisurely breakfast to nurse those hangovers.
- Littlehampton Race start time: 10.00
- Crew's Race start time: 13.00
You can register for the rally, supper and race home using the online shop here ››